In the past, trading often seemed to be exclusively for the intellectually savvy and financially capable individuals. Every now and then there are some renegades who break the mold and make it in their trading careers. However, up until in the past recent years, this narrative has been changing. Easier access to online trading, demo trading and online lessons have made it easier for people to understand what forex trading really is and what it is like to actually be trading. People realized that trading does not necessarily need to be very difficult and that it is not only exclusive for rich and smart people.
Trading can be easy or complex. Either way traders can still profit from the forex market regardless of whether the trading strategy used is easy or difficult. With that said, traders can simply trade based on simple rules that makes sense on a market that is easy to trade on.
Trending markets are some of the easiest market conditions to trade on. This is because price often tends to move in the direction of the trend more often than not, which drastically increases the likelihood of winning.
Momentum is also another market scenario which provides high probability trades which could also have the possibility of resulting in high yield trades. This is because momentum often causes price to continue in the direction of the most recent momentum shift.
MA Ribbon Filled 89.21
MA Ribbon filled 89.21 is a custom trend following technical indicator which is based on moving averages.
One of the most popular ways traders identify trend bias and trend direction is through the use of moving averages. Traders can identify trend direction based on the location of price action in relation to a moving average line, as well as the slope of a moving average line.
Taking it a step further, traders also use the crossing over of two or more moving average lines to identify trend reversals and trend direction. Traders often use this as a basis to enter a trend reversal setup. Traders only need to find the right setup and combination of moving averages.
The MA Ribbon Filled 89.21 indicator is based on this concept. It is a pair of two modified moving averages which tend to be very effective in identifying trends.
BS Trend is a custom momentum indicator which is binary in nature.
This indicator simply identifies the direction of the most recent momentum shift. It then plots bars that could either be -0.0001 or 0.0001. A negative bar indicates that the most recent momentum shift was bearish. On the other hand, a positive bar indicates that the most recent momentum shift was bullish. The bars only shift whenever the momentum shifts in the opposite direction.
Given the nature of this technical indicator. Traders can use this indicator first as a momentum filter. Traders can identify the direction of the most recent momentum shift and trade only according to it.
It can also be used as a momentum reversal entry trigger. Traders can use the shifting of the bars from negative to positive or vice versa as a signal to enter a momentum reversal trade setup.
This trading strategy trades in the direction of a mid-term trend, while utilizing the trend reversal signals of the underlying moving averages of the MA Ribbon Filled 89.21 indicator, as well as the momentum signals of the BS Trend indicator.
Trend direction is mainly identified based on the location of price action in relation to the slower moving average of the MA Ribbon Filled 89.21 indicator, as well as the direction of its slope. This moving average is represented by the red line.
The BS Trend indicator acts as a momentum filter and an initial indication of a probable trend reversal, which often occurs after a momentum shift. Trades are taken only in the direction indicated by the BS Trend bars. The momentum shift signal should also be fresh as it is more likely that the trend would continue if such is the case.
Finally, the entry trigger is based on the crossing over of the faster moving average line of the MA Ribbon Filled 89.21 indicator, which is the lime line, and a 36 period simple moving average line.
- MA ribbon filled.89.21
- 36 SMA (green)
Preferred Time Frames: 30-minute, 1-hour, 4-hour and daily charts
Currency Pairs: FX majors, minors and crosses
Trading Sessions: Tokyo, London and New York sessions
Buy Trade Setup
- Price action should be above the red line of the MA Ribbon Filled 89.21 indicator.
- The red line should slope up.
- The BS Trend bars should shift to positive.
- The lime line of the MA Ribbon Filled 89.21 indicator should cross above the 36 SMA line (green).
- Enter a buy order on the confirmation of these conditions.
- Set the stop loss on the support below the entry candle.
- Close the trade as soon as the BS Trend bars shift to negative.
Sell Trade Setup
- Price action should be below the red line of the MA Ribbon Filled 89.21 indicator.
- The red line should slope down.
- The BS Trend bars should shift to negative.
- The lime line of the MA Ribbon Filled 89.21 indicator should cross below the 36 SMA line (green).
- Enter a sell order on the confirmation of these conditions.
- Set the stop loss on the resistance above the entry candle.
- Close the trade as soon as the BS Trend bars shift to positive.
The combination of a trend following strategy and a momentum signal is a very good trade setup.
Trend following strategies answer the question of which direction traders should take which should have the higher probability. However, answering this question is just half the battle. Traders should still ask themselves when and where they would trade.
Momentum signals answer the question of when to trade. This is because momentum signals are precise indications of a momentum shift, which could result to a new trend.
On top of that, the confirmation of the moving average crossover adds another layer of confluence which serves to increase the probability of the trade setups.
Forex Trading Strategies Installation Instructions
BS Trend Momentum Forex Trading Strategy is a combination of Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator(s) and template.
The essence of this forex strategy is to transform the accumulated history data and trading signals.
BS Trend Momentum Forex Trading Strategy provides an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust this strategy accordingly.
Recommended Forex MetaTrader 4 Trading Platform
- Free $50 To Start Trading Instantly! (Withdrawable Profit)
- Deposit Bonus up to $5,000
- Unlimited Loyalty Program
- Award Winning Forex Broker
- Additional Exclusive Bonuses Throughout The Year
>> Claim Your $50 Bonus Here <<
Click Here for Step-By-Step XM Broker Account Opening Guide
How to install BS Trend Momentum Forex Trading Strategy?
- Download BS Trend Momentum Forex Trading Strategy.zip
- *Copy mq4 and ex4 files to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Copy tpl file (Template) to your Metatrader Directory / templates /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your forex strategy
- Right click on your trading chart and hover on “Template”
- Move right to select BS Trend Momentum Forex Trading Strategy
- You will see BS Trend Momentum Forex Trading Strategy is available on your Chart
*Note: Not all forex strategies come with mq4/ex4 files. Some templates are already integrated with the MT4 Indicators from the MetaTrader Platform.
Click here below to download:
Feed from Forexmt4indicators.com